All members of the Surgery Primary Care Team are dedicated to a quality policy to achieve health services which meet the patient’s requirements.
Our Commitment to You
- Patients have a right to be treated courteously.
- Patients have a right to absolute confidentiality.
- Doctors and Nursing Staff will begin surgery at the appointed time; any delay will only be due to a medical necessity. Where there is a delay in excess of 30 minutes, patients have a right to be informed and to make an alternative appointment.
- Patients have the right to information about their own health, particularly illness and its treatment, alternative forms of treatment and likely outcome of the illness.
- Access to health records is subject to limitation in the law.
- The practice will offer advice and seek to inform patients of steps that they can take to promote good health and to avoid illness, e.g. smoking, exercise, immunisations etc. Advice is also available on self-help which can be undertaken without reference to nurse, Health Visitor or doctor in the case of minor ailments.
- The practice will inform patients of services available by means of brochures, notice boards and leaflets.
- Patients with urgent medical conditions will be given priority and will be seen as soon as possible, even when this may cause delay to booked appointments.
- Patients may choose whether or not to take part in research or training.
- All new patients will be offered an appointment with a Health Care Assistant.
- Patients will be referred to a Consultant acceptable to them when their GP thinks it is necessary.
- Any suggestions to improve service will be considered by the General manager and a response given.
- A full reply to a written complaint will be made by the General manager within 10 working days.
- On weekdays, patients with a non-urgent request should normally be able to consult with a GP or nurse within 48 hours.
- Repeat prescriptions will be available within 48 hours – delay may be caused when patients have not attended for review as requested.